ATM and VISA Debit Cards
Chip-enabled UniBank Visa Debit Cards
Your UniBank debit card is now enabled with chip card technology giving you a more secure way to pay at millions of merchants around the world. Chip cards are more secure and they are simple to use.
How to Activate your new card:
- At any ATM
- Through Online Banking >Preferences > ATM/Debit Card >Select card and activate
- Through Mobile Banking > Manage Cards option > Select card and activate
- Through Telephone Banking 877.864.2265, Select Card Services menu option #6, then option #1 to activate the card (using primary phone line listed on the account)
Once your new card is activated, be sure to notify merchants with your new expiration date and CVV to avoid disruption with recurring payments. Apple Pay users will need to remove the old card and add the new card in the Mobile Wallet.
Here’s how it works: Your new UniBank Visa Debit Card is now embedded with a microchip. The microchip uses your account information to create a one-time unique code when used at chip-enabled terminals adding an additional layer of fraud protection to your card and giving you the confidence to use your UniBank Debit Card more securely.
Preferred in more places
More and more merchants are adopting chip technology every day.
- You can still swipe your chip card using the magnetic stripe on the back of your card at merchants who have not yet updated their terminals.
- If you swipe your card at a terminal that is chip enabled, it will prompt you to insert your card into the card slot instead.
- You are still able to use your chip enabled card online or over the phone as you always have.
Your new chip-enabled card is easy to use and more secure, so be sure to activate it as soon as possible. Read more in this printable PDF.
Frequently asked questions about chip-enabled debit cards.
UniBank VISA Debit Card
The UniBank VISA® Debit Card is not a credit card; it is a convenient way to access the money in your checking account with the flexibility of the VISA® symbol. Your UniBank Debit Card does everything our UniBank ATM card does and more. ATM transactions and point-of-sale purchases are deducted from your checking account and a detailed record of every transaction will appear on your monthly statement. Use it in restaurants or department stores, simply by signing your name. You will save time, since there is no check to write and you will not have to wait for check approval.
Whether you are shopping around Blackstone Valley, MA or around the world, you can use your UniBank VISA Debit Card to pay for everyday purchases instead of carrying extra cash, writing checks or using a credit card.
As an added convenience and security measure, the UniBank VISA Debit Card offers the option of separate PINs or passwords for other cardholders who may share your account (or accounts) with you.
UniBank ATM Card
Your UniBank ATM Card gives you the ability to make cash withdrawals, deposits, balance inquiries and transfers at any UniBank ATM, 24 hours every day. Plus, when you are on the road, you can get cash at any NYCE® or CIRRUS® ATM location worldwide. And, since UniBank is a member of the SUM™ surcharge-free ATM network, you may avoid additional surcharges from other financial institutions.
UniBank ATM and Debit Card Security
Enhanced Fraud Protection Service
In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts secure, UniBank has improved our alert system for potential debit card fraud.
Here’s how our new alert system works:
1. When potential fraud is detected, a text message alert will be sent to the mobile number on file, to which you may respond “fraud” or “no fraud”. Text messages will be sent between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Eastern Time 7 days a week. If you prefer not to receive texts, you can opt out by following prompts within the text content if you receive a text message.
2. If no response is received through text message alerts, automated phone calls will occur between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. Eastern Time, 7 days a week, asking you to confirm or deny fraud. The call will also give the option of speaking to a fraud analyst.
- The first round of calls will be made to your home and mobile telephone numbers in that order, leaving voice messages if there is no answer.
- If contact is not able to be made during the first round of calls, a second round of calls will be made to your mobile and home in that order, leaving voice messages only if one couldn’t be left previously.
3. You must reply directly to the Fraud Center text message or phone call indicating whether or not the alert is actually fraud. If you do not reply, your card will remain suspended until you reply directly to the Fraud Center.
Remember – our messages will never ask for your PIN or account number.
The phone number for the Fraud Center is 800-417-4592. The text alerts will come from 32874. Please add these numbers to your phone and label them “Fraud Center” so it will display on your phone if you are contacted. Please also take a moment to log into Online Banking to verify/update your telephone numbers on file with UniBank or call us at 800-578-4270. This service is provided at no charge to you.